Our Values, Missions & Aims
BIRD’s vision to promote and support Bath as a centre of excellence in arthritis research and patient support.
Our mission is to:
- improve outcomes and treatments for patients through promoting collaboration between clinicians and research scientists;
- support research and educational activities in bone and joint diseases with a focus on Bath; and,
- relieve sickness and to promote and advance medical knowledge with particular reference to rheumatic diseases and to undertake research in relation thereto.
- committed to working with others in support of achieving its charitable objectives, with patient and public involvement and engagement embedded in the charitable activities;
- ambitious for the future of arthritis research and education in Bath;
- duty bound to act with integrity, be well governed and responsibly run; and,
- accountable to its beneficiaries and other stakeholders for its actions.
With a primary focus on Bath, BIRD’s aims are to:
- ensure its work and activities are informed by active patient, family and carer engagement;
- be the driving force behind high quality arthritis research by awarding pump-prime funding to build research activity;
- be the deliverer of choice of high quality continuing education and public information events relating to arthritis;
- be the local charity raising awareness of the impact of arthritis; and,
- to support the continuing provision and development of high quality rheumatology services based on research and education.
BIRDs Council of Management & Governance Structure
Please click here to see BIRDs Council of Management & Governance Structure. If you would like any more information, please contact us.
BIRDs Annual Report & Financial Overview
Please click here to see BIRDs Annual Report & Financial Overview. If you would like any more information, please contact us.